Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Cheats Guide to Nail Art!

To put things simply, I am a complete klutz. I trip over stuff, spill drinks down myself on an almost daily basis (white tops are a no-no) and still still, after years of trying cannot draw a straight liquid eyeliner-line. So I have had a little sad face when seeing all of the fantastic nail art around the bbloggersphere (Gem Fatale's leopard print nails, I am talking to you!). Even water marbling was a bit of a disaster...
So, how did I create this, you may ask...
srsly, who am I to lecture on nail art?! I can't even paint my nails correctly!
The answer? Stickers!
I got these from ebay a few weeks ago with the literal pennies I had left in my paypal. I believe they were about 80c each (50p?!) including postage from Hong Kong or somewhere. 
Basically I painted my nails (MUA #16, if you were wondering), peeled off the stickers, placed them and then went over it all with my regular topcoat.
Not bad for a first attempt! *smug look*

Also, I was more than a bit touched by the little note and gift enclosed from the ebay seller...
little packet of blotting papers, 'a special gift' awww :o)
If that didn't make me so touched by that, the little note enclosed sure did:

Check the last line, the lovely chap went to the trouble of Google translating "Go raibh maith agat" which is Irish for 'Thank you' (so I am told) which was just so cute. Let's remind ourselves of the fact that I paid under a euro for this, including postage!

I hope you enjoyed my cheats guide to nail art, I plan to do many more stickery designs without the stress!
Click here for the ebay sellers shop, he has a Gandhi quote as his picture- I now like him even more.

xxxx

14 comments:

  1. These are pretty. I'm a bit cak with nail art too! How cute with the little irish thing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing and that ebay seller seems fab! I'm visiting now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literally love these!! Im going to have to buy some now! :L Check out my nais...

    http://paris-wood.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-pedicure-with-style.html

    I used jems of ebay! :D

    xxx (please follolw back ) :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These stickers are amazing Hannah, love the bows! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! the flowers are so cute. http://openboxjewels.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the cutest manicure.
    absolutely loved this! xx
    liloo/@tsunimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use nail art stickers, they really do finish off your nails, I love the look of those bow stickers in the picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a couple of nail stickers from 17 which I am yet to use, but I might try them out next time I am doing my nails!

    Thats so cute how much thought that ebay seller went into writing the note!

    (on the pc at work so i can see your blog! woop!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fantastic customer service, how lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it! How cute of them to send you a free gift :) I will deffo be buying these :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww that little note is so cute. You can find some great little bargains on eBay from Hong Kong.

    Your nails look awesome, I am also a big klutz so I think I may have to have a go with these stickers.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous look :) I need to have my nails done in a cool design! My hands are just so unsteady!

    Thanks for your comment sweetie, yes the day was awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...