Monday, March 28, 2011

Lipstick Lover Review: NARS 'Roman Holiday'

I was feeling a little disheartened today, as payday is Thursday I won't be able to go on a shopping trip (even a little one) this week. So, I am going to take this opportunity to review some different lipsticks that I haven't got round to blogging about! I am considering making this a mini series called 'Lipstick Lover' because as you all know, lip stick is my guilty pleasure!
NARS Sheer Lipstick 'Roman Holiday'
 Colour/Scent? A muted rose colour. No scent.
Longevity? As it is sheer, 1-2 hours (if you are lucky)
Consistency? Almost that of a balm, very moisturizing and it glides on lips nicely.
Pigmentation? Very pigmented, especially for this type of consistency! It is a very build-able colour too, one swipe gives a pinkish glow but it can be built up to become completely opaque (3 swipes).
 Packaging? Matte black box. The bullet itself is comparable to that of a Barry M lipstick, you know, with the almost velvet feel to it?
Price? £17.50 or €22.96 for 3.4g of product = £5.15/€6.75 per gram.
Other shades? ASOS currently stocks 19 other shades of lipstick in this finish. Plenty of choice!
The Verdict... Yes, I love this! It is my first dabble into NARS, and I am impressed. They are very pricey, even more expensive than MAC. However, I think this price is justified as it is an iconic lip product and a nice addition to my collection. The only problem with this is that it is super wearable and because of this I find myself reaching for it almost every day. This is bad because it is so expensive and I don't want to use it all up! 
Available from ASOS and NARS counters worldwide.

6 comments:

  1. I am starting to fall in love with lipstick too. If you are a student and have a NUS extra card you can get discount on ASOS - I get my Illamasqua and NARS from their :)

    http://non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is pretty! I <3 lipstick!

    katharinedianne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such A Gorgeous Shade :)
    Belle De Jour By Nars Is Meant To Be A Good Nude :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a lovely colour im still to try NARS

    www.vikki-gabrielleworld.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that looks lovely!! have you seen that Diet coke have promotional cans at the moment,every can gets £5 off a £20 spend at ASOS and some have a tenner,£20 and £100 (although im yet to find a big one!!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have awarded you a kreativ blogger award over at my blog (:
    It's Here: www.make-upaddict15.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...