Friday, July 22, 2011

Marble Manicure

If you follow me on twitter you will be bored by know about my fun yesterday marbling my nails! I'm not gonna tell you how to do it because it can't be explained any better than Andrea's Choice 's video, so check that out.

Here are my marbelised creations...
OPI 'Koala Bear-y' & 'Lincoln Park After Dark' 

MUA Shade 16 & 4

OPI 'Blue My Mind' & 'Green-witch Village'

OPI 'Pink-ing of you' & 'Koala Bear-y'


Models Own 'Gold Rush' & 'Pink Fever'
So, what do you think? :o)

I also thought I would add some lessons I learnt about marbeling, from my own experience:
For God's sake, use tape!
Every tutorial will tell you to use tape around your finger to prevent a hot mess that looks like this:
yeah yeah, it looks nice. But it's a bitch to remove from the skin. So don't!

Prepare to make a mess!
This is the mess I made in my kitchen. Prepare to dig out every polish you own, destroy tupperware, go through a zillion cotton wool pads and stain your mums tea towels!


Not all nail polishes will work...
OPI's were my overall winners with this, however there was a noted exception ('You Don't Know Jacques', I am looking at you!).
Barry M was a total fail, they do not work! Such a shame as I have zillions of Barry M polishes :o(
Models Own were hit and miss, the last nail (above) is models own, however the glitter mostly ran. Instead I tried 'Beths Blue' and 'Cement Mixer', but they just sat on top of the water and wouldn't do anything! (see little floater below! Also, you can see a little failblob on the bottom, courtesy of Barry M!) 

You will be left with pretty cotton wool pads!

When you go to 'grab' the remaining polishes, you will be left with these! I love them :o) They are now in the bin, though.

I am going to do a full marble nail today! Any ideas of what colour combo I should go with?
xxxx

9 comments:

  1. I need to try this on my nails hopefully my favourite colours will work! The one you did with the Opi's pink nail polishes reminds me of candy ahah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try this when I've got some spare time. The OPI pic at the top looks fantastic though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I have always wanted to give it a go but I am put off by the mess it makes!

    I have given you an award :)
    http://mybutterfly63.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!! THis looked like what happened when I tried it! Some people make it look SO easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried and failed to do this, will have to watch the vid and get some tips :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really pretty, but I have a feeling if I tried it something would go drastically wrong lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried this last week and it didn't go too well, so messy! Love your colours though xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a mess! But it looks like the results were worth it, too cute!!

    Come by and my Hello Mellow giveaway if you like!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...