Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lipstick Lover Review: Benefit 'Pinking of You'

Today in the Lipstick hot-seat (ha!) is a Benefit Full Finish in 'Pinking Of You'!

Colour/Scent? Benefit describes this as a 'pop of pink' however I would describe this as a pinky-coral, with silver shimmer. I'm pretty sure this is unscented, however it might just be because I have a cold and all sense of smell is out of the window for me! (ok.. you didn't need to know that!).


Consistency? Ok so this is the strange bit. When this lipstick is applied, you can actually feel the glitter when you rub your lips together. It doesn't particularly bother me, but I know it may do for some people! Other than that, it glides on nicely.
Longevity? Pretty good, but constantly rubbing my lips together because of the glittery chunks made it wear off more quickly.
Pigmentation? It is mildly sheer in texture, but a very buildable colour.
Packaging? Sleek and black, just the way I like it!



Price? £14 or €21 - dearer than MAC fyi.
Other shades available? The UK Benefit website has 10 shades in stock.
Available from? Benefits website or any Benefit counter.


The Verdict... I like it! I don't have any shades like this, so I do like that. If it weren't for the chunky glitter, I would love this loads. I am willing to oversee that though, for the nice colour. To be a little picky, this lipstick falls into my category of mean euro price conversions

Have any of you tried Benefit lipsticks? What do you think? 
H xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I have never tried anything from Benefit before, I really want to but its not available here ^_^
    The shade looks really beautiful, but im not sure if I will like this one that much because off the glitter :/

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the consistency being weird. I tried good to go and miss behavin. They were georgeous colors, just felt a little off on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christine That's such a shame! Have you tried the Benefit website? Yeah its kinda annoying, I do like it though :o) xx

    @Victoria I agree, thank you x

    @Stella Oh good, so it's not just me! Maybe its the formula?x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only tried one Benefit lipstick in Rumor but I love it!!

    x x

    I did a post on it here if you're interested:

    http://just-jens-blog.blogspot.com/2011/05/benefit-rumor-lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely shade! Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour looks great on you, I wish I could get away with pink!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just letting you know I have given you a few blog awards.

    ihazabeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...