Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lipstick Lover Review: Maybelline 'Summer Pink'

I bought this lippie quite a long time ago and as it sometimes happens, it got put in my collection and lost in my  lipstick drawer. However I was so happy to find this the other day when I was looking for something new!

Colour/Scent: It's a bright pink with silver toned shimmer, I couldn't detect any scent.
Consistency: Nice! Glides on and is very moisturising. It is almost a frost finish, however it isn't in the slightest bit drying. In  fact it has the most gorgeous pearlescent finish!

Pigmentation: Fantastic! The colour looks so rich in the bullet and it has fab colour payoff!

Packaging: Really nice pink and silver casing. Very pretty in a sea of dull black bullets!
Price? A bargainous £7.19!

Other shades available? There was loads in Superdrug when I was there, however I could only find this one on the Superdrug website.
Available from? Any drugstore that stocks Maybelline.

The Verdict... I am honestly pleasantly surprised with this! It has the most gorgeous multi-dimensional colour and some of the smoothest application that I have come across in lipstick. Honestly, I think this is nicer than the Benefit lipstick that I reviewed last time. When you look at the price difference, it may be definitely worth looking at some of the Maybelline offerings before shelling out on high end lipsticks. I definitely will be in the future now too! Also, I think this lipstick is cool/silver toned- something I never go for usually. However I think I suit them and I will be looking into more of the same in the future!

Have you tried any Maybelline lipsticks? Which are your favourites?

10 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline's Colour Sensational lipsticks so much. If I need/want a new lipstick colour, I always look there first. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the colour ambre rose and I love the formula of them so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! Really suits you :)

    I haven't tried any Maybelline lipsticks for such a long time - may have to check them out soon Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a nude lipstick so I might check out one of Maybelline's ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Natalie I wish I knew about them before I spent so much cash in different brands :) amazing xx

    @Hannah oh lovely, I will be checking that shade out for sure :o) xx

    @Sarah You should!! I was pleasantly surprised by the great selection :) you won't be dissapointed :o) x

    @Rosh Ooh let me know if you find any that you love :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, just to let you know, you won an award you can check it out here http://alittlebitof-love.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-awards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colour lovely!
    How have you been?
    Comment me back. www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like my sort of lipstick colour. Definitely one to try I think! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very pretty! I have Maybelline in Pink Peony, which is darker than that one but still a bright sort of a lipstick. I really like this line! xx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...