Monday, August 13, 2012

I don't like it.

 There's nothing more upsetting than spending hard earned cash on make up products that don't suit your skin tone, are impossible to work with or are just overhyped. I fully expect people to disagree with my opinions here, basically it is just products that have not worked for me. Interestingly I purchased each of these items online, this says quite a bit for blind makeup shopping and relying on swatches...

Models Own 'Concrete Mixer'
This was the polish du jour in Spring '11 and after many rave reviews I purchased it from ASOS (haul here). The formulation, as with all Models Own polishes is sublime however it is the color I cannot stand. On others, this greige is stunning- on me it looks yellowish and downright dirty. Suffice to say I have used it once, and it has been relegated to my nail polish drawer- disappointing.

MAC Mineralise Blush 'Miss Behave' from the Ouite Cute collection.
This was the first and last MAC collection that I fell in love with and made silly purchases from. In this collection a trio of mineralize blushes (a formulation I love!) was released- one pink, one purple and one peach and green??? Really Hannah.. Really? I tried to use it as a highlight and frankly I have much better in my collection. Do any of you own this and have a use for it? I'd love some enlightenment before I back to MAC it out of frustration!

Another high-end disappointment comes in the form of one of Benefits highly regarded boxed blushes of which I own several. Thrrrob was a natural addition to my collection, I even remember buying this as it was compared to NARS Angelika which I had been lusting after for quite some time when I saw it in a blog sale. This light pink shade does not show up on my NC30 skin as a blush, and isn't 'illuminating' enough to use as a highlighter. The other problem is the consistency, it is hideously chalky, as I am sure you can see from the swatch. Due to the fact I purchased this from a blog sale and I have only loved other Benefit products means I am wondering if this is a fake (and I have got very ripped off). So much so that I am currently scrutinizing this post about such fakes and I haven't got a good feeling about it. If any of you own this, do you have the same problem?
xxxx


12 comments:

  1. What a great post! I have thought about buying Thrrrob before but I think it is just too light to make much of a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe!! Yeah make sure you swatch it before buying :o) If there was a pale pink with more pigmentation it would be gorgeous :o) xxx

      Delete
  2. I had a fake Benefit blusher that I bought from eBay- I just don't even bother any more, it's totally not worth it! I also really like seeing bloggers being honest about buying stuff and saying they don't like it (I've done it myself a couple of times), as it really helps if people are doing research into products.

    The MAC blusher confuses me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think someone fobbed me off with a fake they bought off ebay! not very nice at all :/ Yeah I totally agree I love seeing the negatives as it's all too easy to hype up an average product! x

      Delete
  3. What a great post Hannah, loved it! I need to write one of these too. I'm so glad you're back lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to read yours :o) thank you! xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post. Love it when bloggers are honest about products they haven't enjoyed. By looking at that post and your picture I would say it looks like you've been ripped off and it is fake. Which sucks and you should name and shame the blogger in case other people get ripped off by her.

    Adele xx

    http://beautyobsessedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree babe, def been ripped off! gutted! I would but I bought it months and months ago... I'm gonna look through my paypal and see who it was though, and send them a very stern email! xxxx

      Delete
  5. My Throbb blusher is a bit crap too, specially when i'm tanned! It doesn't show up at all
    xxx

    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I feel a bit better now that the non-fake version isn't all that pigmented- so I'm not missing out on an amazing product! Oh well, there are other fabbo benefit boxed powders :o) xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Ooh but Miss Behave looks oh so pretty! Such a pity:( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It definitely is, was a silly purchase though- I just don't 'get' the mint green! haha! xxxx

      Delete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...